Lung Density Biomarker Ctte
This Wiki is for collaborative creation of QIBA's Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Asthma Committee materials and ongoing activities.
Mission: Reduce and characterize bias and variance across manufacturers, versions, and sites in support of quantitative CT lung densitometry and morphology.
- Characterize the precision and accuracy of phenotyping and progression measurements in emphysema and asthma.
- This is an essential effort to classify phenotype and assess longitudinal changes as medically meaningful surrogates for health status.
- Compare the sensitivity of CT measurements to spirometry and other accepted measures.
- This will be necessary in order to determine if Progressive Disease can be detected significantly sooner with quantitative imaging techniques than with currently accepted methods.
- QIBA Airway Profile 9/28/11 - (draft per Dr. Sean Fain)
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 9/6/11 v0.4 - (Iowa Version with comments)
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 8/24/11 v0.4 - (Iowa Version)
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 7/1/11 v0.3
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 5/24/11 v0.2
- COPD QIBA Profile 3/19/11 v0.2
- COPD UPICT Protocol v0.2
Protocol Development Activities
Validate key concepts and answer key questions needed to write the Profiles and demonstrate their effectiveness.
- Phantom project
Meetings / Call Summaries
- Quantitative Imaging in Lung Disorders Refresher Course Outline (Refresher Course at RSNA 2011: November 30th)
- 06-21-2011GammexBoxFullPath.ppt posted 6.23.2011
- 06-08-2011 COPDGeneModel2-GammexBox.ppt posted 6.8.2011
- Pulmonary Emphysema: Objective Quantification at Multi–Detector Row CT—Comparison with Macroscopic and Microscopic Morphometry Madani et al, Radiology: Volume 238: Number 3-March 2006
- Pulmonary Emphysema: Radiation Dose and Section Thickness at Multidetector CT Quantification—Comparison with Macroscopic and Microscopic Morphometry Madani et al, Radiology: Volume 243: Number 1-April 2007
- COPDGene protocol section
- ECLIPSE protocol description
- ECLIPSE CT protocol specifics
- Coxson's chairman summary
- Hoffman et al's paper on quantitative assessment
- Stoel et al's paper on volume correction
- Stoel et al's paper on longitudinal studies
- FDA Guidance for Industry - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Developing Drugs for Treatment