Process Coordinating Committee
- Chairs: Kevin O'Donnell (Chair); Dan Sullivan, MD (Vice-chair)
- Secretary: Susan Stanfa (RSNA Staff)
The Process Committee facilitates the QIBA Coordinating Committees and their profiling activities by defining processes and tools to promote consistent quality work product.
- Develop common Templates & Processes
- Support & mentor adoption of above
- Drive consistent content & format of Profiles
- Support infrastructure for Committees
- Upcoming: Biweekly Tcons, 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month @ 3-4pm Central Time (Contact Susan for details)
Approved call summaries:
- Wiki Use Cases - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bVP9pSjxtCVinlASCAeGDf5vjc2lCfj16qEg7hkft0Q/edit?usp=sharing
- Draft standing agenda item for Coordinating Cmtes to remind/confirm BC committees keeping their BC Wiki page up to date (especially links to current draft documents)
- Sketch Sunset procedure for retiring Task Forces and Biomarker Committees that have completed their work.
- Outline who proposes, who considers, who decides
- Use new proposal to Coord Cmte as trigger to review current BC (conservation of resources)
- Biomarker committees collect SMEs specific to the Biomarker in question
- Don't need to set criteria, just triggers and process
- Review/update new BC proposal review criteria
- Consider Prior Project completion when Steering Cmte reviews new Proposals from the same PI.
- timing overlap of prior cycle completion period with new proposal period needs to be one considered.
- Conformance Process
- What should go into a Conformance Record? - (e.g. findings from Technical Confirmation tests)
- Then we need to ensure that the QIBA Templates/Process supports those things clearly.
- Kevin will put some initial thoughts on a Wiki page and we can review/add
- How often should conformance assessment be done, who will assess, who will keep records?
- Profile Template
- Adjust Profile Template (change tracked) to regroup time-muddled Activities
- Conformance Section - connect the dots
- Embed the checklist as an appendix
- Support adoption of the updated Profile Template.
- Harmonize assessment procedures across profiles
- Statistical Assumption Testing Guidance
- Conformance with the statistical assumptions is required at the various QIBA profile stages.
- Symmetrical vs Assymetrical change intervals?
- Questions about the numbers in "Academic Radiology: ?? Paper"
- Clinical Confirmation Process
- Methodology/Study Design guidance/requirements for achieving "Clinically Confirmed"
- QIBA Tooling
- How to use Google Docs?
- Issues with references, access restricted by federal agencies and some companies
- Round trip fidelity between Word-Google-Word
- QIBA Wiki
- QIBA Wiki Improvements
- Create page for comment resolutions of past Public Comment Profiles
- Consider how to handle handoffs between RSNA website
- Wiki serves QIBA Committee work. Consider a new user oriented site (clinicians, administrators).
- Maybe a new TF to support Adoption (can include some Process people)
- Ed, Brad, Joe, Kevin, Dan, RSNA Webperson
- Start by looking at what is on the RSNA QIBA pages,
- Literature Search
- Ask for a status update?
- Process/best practices for initial literature search around a new biomarker/profile
- Does someone have a draft set of guidance to kick this off? (Nancy, Anna Wu, Hendrik Lau, Andy)
- Where do you store references, what kind of search works best, what exactly are you looking for?
- Also meta-analysis guidance to determine sources and levels of variance
- Profile Selection Process
- Consider additional criteria/evaluation based on experiences
- Profile Maintenance Process
- Propose change tracking process
- Propose conventions for Profile editions/versions
- Profile Retirement Process
- When do we "withdraw" or at least stop maintaining/promoting a Profile
- Review DICOM retirement concept (stays available in archives, not maintained/promoted)
- Publication Process
- Sketch up publication process for Official Docs (CC approval vote, send to RSNA Staff)
- Write up Standard Approval Practices for committee documents
- Quality check mechanism, voting mechanism
- Start simple with this and add complexity only as needed.
- On-boarding process
- Help new committees, new members, new authors, new reviewers, new adopters
- Add some "readers guide" text for reviewers, e.g. focus on Spec tables. Look at your relevant Activities/Procedures. Read the Discussion sections for more background.
- "How to develop a Profile" Guidance
- Joe's intro email, current template and stage docs, QIBA Fact Sheet
- Could use a "fresh eyes"/newcomer commentary
- Dan will send the current Fact Sheet to UCSF for feedback on contents
- Kevin will work with Joe to get it into a Google Doc for revision and linking from the Wiki.
- Guidelines for Reference Implementations and commercial products in Profiles (underlying algorithm available, list all comers, non-commercial?, etc).
- Guidelines for assessment procedures to vet SW in Profiles
- Clarify QIBA Profile vs UPICT Protocol (Venn Diagram)
- Claim Guidance
- Next revision cycle (2017Q3?)
- Try to include a greater variety of modalities/targets.
- See if we have come across a good example for TDI based CI (e.g. Scenarios BDFMNO)
- PDFF will bring in a new style with a bias and slope that isn't 1.
- MRE also different. Getting absolute measure not relative? Longitudinal claim. Assuming linearity based on some data, but not assessing yet.
- Profile Disclaimer
- Revist if Discriminatory Claims are addressed.
- Consult RSNA about what disclaimer should address
- Draft standardized disclaimer text for profiles
- If QIBA did Discriminatory Claims, then there would be a stronger need for disclaimer, but lacking clinical outcome statments, maybe we don't have as strong a need? We stick to technical performance.
- Public Comment attribution - don't push for anonymity. Encourage people to identify themselves (deserve credit and we want to be able to followup)
- TODO - set up Wiki page for holding all the comment resolution records from past public comment.
- TODO - work with RSNA on a boilerplate email to send to commenters (who gave their email on the comment form) pointing to the resolutions document for their submitted comments.
This page is based on the Committee Template. Add any good ideas you have to the template.