Process Coordinating Committee
- Chairs: Kevin O'Donnell (Chair); Dan Sullivan, MD (Vice-chair)
- Secretary: Susan Stanfa (RSNA Staff)
The Process Committee facilitates the QIBA Coordinating Committees and their profiling activities by defining processes and tools to promote consistent quality work product.
- Develop common Templates & Processes
- Support & mentor adoption of above
- Drive consistent content & format of Profiles
- Support infrastructure for Committees
- Upcoming: Biweekly Tcons, 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month @ 3-4pm Central Time (Contact Susan for details)
Approved call summaries:
- Wiki Use Cases - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bVP9pSjxtCVinlASCAeGDf5vjc2lCfj16qEg7hkft0Q/edit?usp=sharing
- Draft standing agenda item for Coordinating Cmtes to remind/confirm BC committees keeping their BC Wiki page up to date (especially links to current draft documents)
- Advise - put "recent" working draft of profiles at least quarterly on the BC Cmte Page. (i.e. don't leave them on TF pages)
- Public Comment resolution
- Set up Wiki page for holding all the comment resolution records from past public comment.
- Work with RSNA on a boilerplate email to send to commenters (who gave their email on the comment form) pointing to the resolutions document for their submitted comments.
- Sketch Sunset procedure for retiring Task Forces and Biomarker Committees that have completed their work.
- Outline who proposes, who considers, who decides
- Define Dormant vs Dissolve - opens space for new Cmte (RSNA Resources), migrate active members to new work
- Use new proposal to Coord Cmte as trigger to review current BC (conservation of resources)
- Biomarker committees collect SMEs specific to the Biomarker in question
- Don't need to set criteria, just triggers and process
- Profile Selection Process
- Consider additional criteria/evaluation based on experiences
- Review/update new BC proposal review criteria
- Consider Prior Project completion when Steering Cmte reviews new Proposals from the same PI.
- timing overlap of prior cycle completion period with new proposal period needs to be one considered.
- possible solution would require final reports for prior COMPLETED funding cycles before considering a new project proposal
- On-boarding process
- Help new committees, new members, new authors, new reviewers, new adopters
- "How to develop a Profile" Guidance
- Add some "readers guide" text for reviewers, e.g. focus on Spec tables. Look at your relevant Activities/Procedures. Read the Discussion sections for more background.
- Joe's intro email, current template and stage docs, QIBA Fact Sheet
- Could use a "fresh eyes"/newcomer commentary - find a newcomer guinea pig
- Kevin will work with Joe to get it into a Google Doc for revision and linking from the Wiki.
- Conformance Process
- What should go into a Conformance Record? - (e.g. findings from Technical Confirmation tests)
- Need a common view of what conformance entails, how it is achieved, what it looks like to a product, how it is documented, etc.
- Then we need to ensure that the QIBA Templates/Process supports those things clearly.
- Kevin will put some initial thoughts on a Wiki page and we can review/add
- How often should conformance assessment be done, who will assess, who will keep records?
- Should QIBA get into hosting the Conformance Statements on our site (and then we could link to them from the Profiles page which would be very handy)
- Consider the RSNA Image Share Conformance Assessment Program and whether we should do something similar for QIBA
- Process committee can think through the details of a process and confer with RSNA whether they would be interested
- Profile Template
- Adjust Profile Template (change tracked) to regroup time-muddled Activities
- Conformance Section - connect the dots
- Embed the checklist as an appendix
- Support adoption of the updated Profile Template.
- Harmonize assessment procedures across profiles
- Statistical Assumption Testing Guidance
- Conformance with the statistical assumptions is required at the various QIBA profile stages.
- Need guidance on the assumptions in the profile, validating the assumptions and testing actors for meeting those assumptions.
- Symmetrical vs Assymetrical change intervals?
- Questions about the numbers in "Academic Radiology: ?? Paper"
- Clinical Confirmation Process
- Methodology/Study Design guidance/requirements for achieving "Clinically Confirmed"
- QIBA Tooling
- How to use Google Docs?
- Issues with references, access restricted by federal agencies and some companies
- Round trip fidelity between Word-Google-Word
- QIBA Wiki
- QIBA Wiki Improvements
- Create page for comment resolutions of past Public Comment Profiles
- Consider how to handle handoffs between RSNA website
- Wiki serves QIBA Committee work. Consider a new user oriented site (clinicians, administrators).
- Maybe a new TF to support Adoption (can include some Process people)
- Ed, Brad, Joe, Kevin, Dan, RSNA Webperson
- Start by looking at what is on the RSNA QIBA pages,
- Literature Search
- Ask for a status update?
- Process/best practices for initial literature search around a new biomarker/profile
- Does someone have a draft set of guidance to kick this off? (Nancy Obuchowski, Ona Wu, Hendrik Laue, Andy Milkowski)
- Where do you store references, what kind of search works best, what exactly are you looking for?
- Also meta-analysis guidance to determine sources and levels of variance
- PDF/DWI - using Google Sheet to track/tabulate/organize - inherently input from many sources so nice to have centralized, commonly edited, accessible
- Profile Maintenance Process
- Propose change tracking process
- Propose conventions for Profile editions/versions
- Wiki vs RSNA.org
- Address relationship between wiki content (current, easy to update) and website content (authoritative, stable)
- Likely RSNA staff will periodically mirror wiki content up onto the website; address this in publication process.
- Guidelines for Reference Implementations and commercial products in Profiles
- (underlying algorithm available, list all comers, non-commercial?, etc)
- TODO add detail
- Public Comment attribution
- don't push for anonymity. Encourage people to identify themselves (deserve credit and we want to be able to followup)
- form can accept anonymous, but encourage constructive criticism that will be taken in the spirit given.
Todo items that are on hold pending some trigger:
- Claim Guidance
- Hold pending people with questions/clarification needs on current text
- Profile Retirement Process
- Hold pending a profile we want to retire
- When do we "withdraw" or at least stop maintaining/promoting a Profile
- Review/borrow from corresponding IHE Process - http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/Evaluation_of_Published_Profiles
- Review DICOM retirement concept (stays available in archives, not maintained/promoted)
- Profile Disclaimer
- Hold pending revist of Discriminatory Claims
- For now QIBA addresses technical performance. Getting into the clinical performance associated with Discriminatory Claims would open a lot of issues.
This page is based on the Committee Template. Add any good ideas you have to the template.