Process Coordinating Committee

From QIBA Wiki
Revision as of 21:12, 14 December 2016 by Kevino (talk | contribs) (→‎Current Work)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chairs: Kevin O'Donnell (Chair); Dan Sullivan, MD (Vice-chair)
Secretary: Susan Weinmann (RSNA Staff)
Roster: <link to roster of active attendees and who has voting privileges>


The Process Committee facilitates the QIBA Coordinating Committees and their profiling activities by defining processes and tools to promote consistent quality work product.

  • Develop common Templates & Processes
  • Support & mentor adoption of above
  • Drive consistent content & format of Profiles
  • Support infrastructure for Committees


Current Work

  • Complete Claim Guidance document
  • Nancy will review the current PPT and come up with descriptions of the terms Negligible, Known, Unknown, etc.
  • Nancy will start to turn the notes in the current document into proper text. Kevin will review. Questions/clarifications will be brought to cmte.
  • Adjust Profile Template (change tracked) to regroup time-muddled Activities
  • Add some "readers guide" text for reviewers, e.g. focus on Spec tables. Look at your relevant Activities/Procedures. Read the Discussion sections for more background.
  • Standardized disclaimer text for profiles? - Consult RSNA - need soon since starting to promote/distribute.
  • Reminders to committees to keep their page up to date (especially links to current draft documents)
  • Add as standing agenda item on the Coordinating Cmte call to check with their Biomarker Cmte chairs?
  • Process/best practices for initial literature search around a new biomarker/profile
  • Does someone have a draft set of guidance to kick this off? (Nancy, Anna Wu, Hendrik Lau, Andy)
  • Where do you store references, what kind of search works best, what exactly are you looking for?
  • Also meta-analysis guidance to determine sources and levels of variance
  • Joe's intro email, current template and stage docs, QIBA Fact Sheet
  • Could use a "fresh eyes"/newcomer commentary
  • Dan will send the current Fact Sheet to UCSF for feedback on contents
  • Kevin will work with Joe to get it into a Google Doc for revision and linking from the Wiki.
  • Support adoption of the updated Profile Template.
  • Document guidance for selecting leadership of various QIBA committees
  • Conformance Process
  • Kevin will put some initial thoughts on a Wiki page and we can review/add
  • Need a common view of what conformance entails, how it is achieved, what it looks like to a product, how it is documented, etc.
  • Then we need to ensure that the QIBA Templates/Process supports those things clearly.
  • Propose change tracking process
  • Sunset procedure for retiring Task Forces and Biomarker Committees that have completed their work.
  • Sketch up publication process for Official Docs (CC approval vote, send to RSNA Staff)
  • Write up Standard Approval Practices for committee documents
  • Quality check mechanism, voting mechanism
  • Start simple with this and add complexity only as needed.
  • Address relationship between wiki content (current, easy to update) and website content (authoritative, stable)
  • Likely RSNA staff will periodically mirror wiki content up onto the website; address this in publication process.
  • "How to develop a Profile" Guidance
  • Harmonize assessment procedures across profiles
  • Refine process for QIBA Conformance Statements
  • Should QIBA get into hosting the Conformance Statements on our site (and then we could link to them from the Profiles page which would be very handy)
  • Consider the RSNA Image Share Conformance Assessment Program and whether we should do something similar for QIBA
  • Process committee can think through the details of a process and confer with RSNA whether they would be interested
  • Propose conventions for Profile editions/versions
  • Methodology/Study Design guidance/requirements for achieving "Clinically Confirmed"
  • Propose policy/process to consider Prior Project completion when Steering Cmte reviews new Proposals from the same PI.
  • timing overlap of prior cycle completion period with new proposal period needs to be one considered.
  • possible solution would require final reports for prior COMPLETED funding cycles before considering a new project proposal
  • Guidelines for Reference Implementations and commercial products in Profiles (underlying algorithm available, list all comers, non-commercial?, etc).
  • Guidelines for assessment procedures to vet SW in Profiles
  • Clarity QIBA Profile vs UPICT Protocol (Venn Diagram)

Working Documents

Claim Guidance

Profile Stages

Wiki Layout

See Also

This page is based on the Committee Template. Add any good ideas you have to the template.