Process Coordinating Committee
- Chairs: Kevin O'Donnell (Chair); Dan Sullivan, MD (Vice-chair)
- Secretary: Susan Weinmann (RSNA Staff)
- Roster: <link to roster of active attendees and who has voting privileges>
The Process Committee facilitates the QIBA Coordinating Committees and their profiling activities by defining processes and tools to promote consistent quality work product.
- Develop common Templates & Processes
- Support & mentor adoption of above
- Drive consistent content & format of Profiles
- Support infrastructure for Committees
- Upcoming: Biweekly Tcons, Wednesdays @ 3-4pm Central Time (Contact Susan for details)
- Summaries of Past Calls/Meetings
- Complete Claim Guidance document
- Nancy will review the current PPT and come up with descriptions of the terms Negligible, Known, Unknown, etc.
- Nancy will start to turn the notes in the current document into proper text. Kevin will review. Questions/clarifications will be brought to cmte.
- Adjust Profile Template (change tracked) to regroup time-muddled Activities
- Add some "readers guide" text for reviewers, e.g. focus on Spec tables. Look at your relevant Activities/Procedures. Read the Discussion sections for more background.
- Standardized disclaimer text for profiles? - Consult RSNA
- Reminders to committees to keep their page up to date (especially links to current draft documents)
- Add as standing agenda item on the Coordinating Cmte call to check with their Biomarker Cmte chairs?
- Process/best practices for initial literature search around a new biomarker/profile
- Does someone have a draft set of guidance to kick this off? (Nancy, Anna Wu, Hendrik Lau, Andy)
- Where do you store references, what kind of search works best, what exactly are you looking for?
- Also meta-analysis guidance to determine sources and levels of variance
- QIBA Wiki Improvements
- On-boarding process and materials for new committees and members
- Joe's intro email, current template and stage docs, QIBA Fact Sheet
- Could use a "fresh eyes"/newcomer commentary
- Dan will send the current Fact Sheet to UCSF for feedback on contents
- Kevin will work with Joe to get it into a Google Doc for revision and linking from the Wiki.
- Support adoption of the updated Profile Template.
- Document guidance for selecting leadership of various QIBA committees
- Conformance Process
- Kevin will put some initial thoughts on a Wiki page and we can review/add
- Need a common view of what conformance entails, how it is achieved, what it looks like to a product, how it is documented, etc.
- Then we need to ensure that the QIBA Templates/Process supports those things clearly.
- Propose change tracking process
- Sunset procedure for retiring Task Forces and Biomarker Committees that have completed their work.
- Sketch up publication process for Official Docs (CC approval vote, send to RSNA Staff)
- Write up Standard Approval Practices for committee documents
- Quality check mechanism, voting mechanism
- Start simple with this and add complexity only as needed.
- Address relationship between wiki content (current, easy to update) and website content (authoritative, stable)
- Likely RSNA staff will periodically mirror wiki content up onto the website; address this in publication process.
- "How to develop a Profile" Guidance
- Harmonize assessment procedures across profiles
- Refine process for QIBA Conformance Statements
- Should QIBA get into hosting the Conformance Statements on our site (and then we could link to them from the Profiles page which would be very handy)
- Consider the RSNA Image Share Conformance Assessment Program and whether we should do something similar for QIBA
- Process committee can think through the details of a process and confer with RSNA whether they would be interested
- Propose conventions for Profile editions/versions
- Methodology/Study Design guidance/requirements for achieving "Clinically Confirmed"
- Propose policy/process to consider Prior Project completion when Steering Cmte reviews new Proposals from the same PI.
- timing overlap of prior cycle completion period with new proposal period needs to be one considered.
- possible solution would require final reports for prior COMPLETED funding cycles before considering a new project proposal
- Guidelines for Reference Implementations and commercial products in Profiles (underlying algorithm available, list all comers, non-commercial?, etc).
- Guidelines for assessment procedures to vet SW in Profiles
- Clarity QIBA Profile vs UPICT Protocol (Venn Diagram)
- Use Cases - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bVP9pSjxtCVinlASCAeGDf5vjc2lCfj16qEg7hkft0Q/edit?usp=sharing
This page is based on the Committee Template. Add any good ideas you have to the template.