Difference between revisions of "Process Coordinating Committee"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
:Secretary: Susan Stanfa (RSNA Staff)
:Secretary: Susan Stanfa (RSNA Staff)
* [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aBaSABb2EiinZzte_svLZpJEX8w7QPI2-vQnDDY1JAk/edit?usp=sharing ]
Revision as of 14:47, 5 December 2018
- Chairs: Kevin O'Donnell (Chair); Dan Sullivan, MD (Vice-chair)
- Secretary: Susan Stanfa (RSNA Staff)
The Process Committee facilitates the QIBA Coordinating Committees and their profiling activities by defining processes and tools to promote consistent quality work product.
- Develop common Templates & Processes
- Support & mentor adoption of above
- Drive consistent content & format of Profiles
- Support infrastructure for Committees
- Upcoming: Biweekly Tcons, 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month @ 3-4pm Central Time (Contact Susan for details)
Approved call summaries:
- Wiki Use Cases - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bVP9pSjxtCVinlASCAeGDf5vjc2lCfj16qEg7hkft0Q/edit?usp=sharing
- Committee Operations
- Coordinating Cmtes need to remind/confirm BC committees keep their page up to date (especially links to current draft documents)
- Advise - put "recent" working draft of profiles at least quarterly on the BC Cmte Page. (i.e. don't leave them on TF pages)
- Post before each Coord Cmte Mtg so Coord Cmte can check.
- Add as standing agenda item on the Coordinating Cmte call to check with their Biomarker Cmte chairs
- Further Guidance on relation between BC and the TFs it creates
- Clarify that forwarding a document for ballot is a BC decision that should appear in the minutes.
- Sketch a Sunset procedure for retiring Task Forces and Biomarker Committees that have completed their work.
- Dormant vs Dissolve - opens space for new Cmte (RSNA Resources), migrate active members to new work
- Premise - Biomarker committees collect SMEs specific to the Biomarker in question
- Propose policy/process to consider Prior Project completion when Steering Cmte reviews new Proposals from the same PI.
- timing overlap of prior cycle completion period with new proposal period needs to be one considered.
- possible solution would require final reports for prior COMPLETED funding cycles before considering a new project proposal
- Conformance Process
- What should go into a Conformance Record? - (e.g. findings from Technical Confirmation tests)
- Need a common view of what conformance entails, how it is achieved, what it looks like to a product, how it is documented, etc.
- Then we need to ensure that the QIBA Templates/Process supports those things clearly.
- Kevin will put some initial thoughts on a Wiki page and we can review/add
- How often should conformance assessment be done, who will assess, who will keep records?
- Should QIBA get into hosting the Conformance Statements on our site (and then we could link to them from the Profiles page which would be very handy)
- Consider the RSNA Image Share Conformance Assessment Program and whether we should do something similar for QIBA
- Process committee can think through the details of a process and confer with RSNA whether they would be interested
- Profile Template
- Adjust Profile Template (change tracked) to regroup time-muddled Activities
- Conformance Section - connect the dots
- Embed the checklist as an appendix
- Support adoption of the updated Profile Template.
- Harmonize assessment procedures across profiles
- Statistical Assumption Testing Guidance
- Conformance with the statistical assumptions is required at the various QIBA profile stages.
- Need guidance on the assumptions in the profile, validating the assumptions and testing actors for meeting those assumptions.
- Symmetrical vs Assymetrical change intervals?
- Questions about the numbers in "Academic Radiology: ?? Paper"
- Clinical Confirmation Process
- Methodology/Study Design guidance/requirements for achieving "Clinically Confirmed"
- QIBA Tooling
- How to use Google Docs?
- Issues with references, access restricted by federal agencies and some companies
- Round trip fidelity between Word-Google-Word
- QIBA Wiki
- QIBA Wiki Improvements
- Create page for comment resolutions of past Public Comment Profiles
- Consider how to handle handoffs between RSNA website
- Wiki serves QIBA Committee work. Consider a new user oriented site (clinicians, administrators).
- Maybe a new TF to support Adoption (can include some Process people)
- Ed, Brad, Joe, Kevin, Dan, RSNA Webperson
- Start by looking at what is on the RSNA QIBA pages,
- Literature Search
- Ask for a status update?
- Process/best practices for initial literature search around a new biomarker/profile
- Does someone have a draft set of guidance to kick this off? (Nancy, Anna Wu, Hendrik Lau, Andy)
- Where do you store references, what kind of search works best, what exactly are you looking for?
- Also meta-analysis guidance to determine sources and levels of variance
- PDF/DWI - using Google Sheet to track/tabulate/organize - inherently input from many sources so nice to have centralized, commonly edited, accessible
- Profile Selection Process
- Consider additional criteria/evaluation based on experiences
- Profile Maintenance Process
- Propose change tracking process
- Propose conventions for Profile editions/versions
- Profile Retirement Process
- When do we "withdraw" or at least stop maintaining/promoting a Profile
- Review/borrow from corresponding IHE Process - http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/Evaluation_of_Published_Profiles
- Review DICOM retirement concept (stays available in archives, not maintained/promoted)
- Publication Process
- Sketch up publication process for Official Docs (CC approval vote, send to RSNA Staff)
- Write up Standard Approval Practices for committee documents
- Quality check mechanism, voting mechanism
- Start simple with this and add complexity only as needed.
- Address relationship between wiki content (current, easy to update) and website content (authoritative, stable)
- Likely RSNA staff will periodically mirror wiki content up onto the website; address this in publication process.
- On-boarding process
- Help new committees, new members, new authors, new reviewers, new adopters
- Add some "readers guide" text for reviewers, e.g. focus on Spec tables. Look at your relevant Activities/Procedures. Read the Discussion sections for more background.
- "How to develop a Profile" Guidance
- Joe's intro email, current template and stage docs, QIBA Fact Sheet
- Could use a "fresh eyes"/newcomer commentary
- Dan will send the current Fact Sheet to UCSF for feedback on contents
- Kevin will work with Joe to get it into a Google Doc for revision and linking from the Wiki.
- Guidelines for Reference Implementations and commercial products in Profiles (underlying algorithm available, list all comers, non-commercial?, etc).
- Guidelines for assessment procedures to vet SW in Profiles
- Clarify QIBA Profile vs UPICT Protocol (Venn Diagram)
- Claim Guidance
- Next revision cycle (2017Q3?)
- Try to include a greater variety of modalities/targets.
- See if we have come across a good example for TDI based CI (e.g. Scenarios BDFMNO)
- PDFF will bring in a new style with a bias and slope that isn't 1.
- MRE also different. Getting absolute measure not relative? Longitudinal claim. Assuming linearity based on some data, but not assessing yet.
- Profile Disclaimer
- Revist if Discriminatory Claims are addressed.
- Consult RSNA about what disclaimer should address
- Draft standardized disclaimer text for profiles
- If QIBA did Discriminatory Claims, then there would be a stronger need for disclaimer, but lacking clinical outcome statments, maybe we don't have as strong a need? We stick to technical performance.
- Public Comment attribution - don't push for anonymity. Encourage people to identify themselves (deserve credit and we want to be able to followup)
- form can accept anonymous, but encourage constructive criticism that will be taken in the spirit given.
- TODO - set up Wiki page for holding all the comment resolution records from past public comment.
- TODO - work with RSNA on a boilerplate email to send to commenters (who gave their email on the comment form) pointing to the resolutions document for their submitted comments.
This page is based on the Committee Template. Add any good ideas you have to the template.