QIBA attempts to industrialize biomarkers by selecting candidate biomarkers, investigating underlying sources of variance and other practical impediments to their use, and drafting specification documents ("Profiles") to help vendors and healthcare providers overcome those impediments and sources of variance.
The details of how those steps are carried out is described here. The Process Coordinating Committee manages this content.
Procedures and Conventions
QIBA Profiling Process
QIBA Profile Stage Descriptions February 2016
- Drafting and Public Comment Stage
- Publicly Reviewed Stage
- Technical Confirmation Stage
- Clinical Confirmation Stage
Groundwork Projects and Funding
Groundwork and Profiling - a model for linking research, validation, standardization, product implementation and deployment.
- Groundwork Process
- Funding Submission Process
- Evaluation and Selection Process
- Publication of Results - discuss where, how, level of detail, embargo period (6 months from completion of project?), extension requests, completion=submission of report, actual posting/publication can be later
- Profile Development Process Comparison - Considering analogs between DICOM, IHE, UPICT and QIBA