Difference between revisions of "Maintenance Process"
(New page: The purpose of this process step is to actively seek and periodically respond to feedback on use of published documents. It is important to put this into context with other activities tha...)
Revision as of 21:10, 24 January 2011
The purpose of this process step is to actively seek and periodically respond to feedback on use of published documents. It is important to put this into context with other activities that may seem similar at first: Whereas the review and public comment steps that are part of the Drafting phase focus on the document itself, prior to its use, and the Collect Feedback step as part of the Field Test phase collects feedback on the initial use of the document given that it has been placed into trial implementation, this step is where longer-term, extended use of the document allows for actual assessment of its performance in practice. That is, over the course of time clinical trials may complete that had been designed with this, and/or other results from field usage may become evident either with the user or supplier base. As such, comments are solicited periodically for a wide range of the public that may connect with it in some way.
A procedure is outlined below listing what is done (by whom).
Period: 30 days
- Periodically, collect list of people that may have used the document and/or professional societies that may have a particular relationship to the document (secretariat)
- Finalize comment form that will be used in the survey (secretariat with technical committee)
- Send announcement to mailing lists (secretariat)
- reminder copy of document that has been placed into field test
- provide a link to the QIBA Maintenance Phase Feedback Template
- Email comments to secretariat (Commenters)
- commenters include full range of users of the document, e.g., vendors/suppliers, clinical oncologists, imaging scientists, pharma, CRO’s, etc. However, only people who have used document are included.
- please use the provided comment form
- Collate all comments into a spreadsheet (secretariat)
- Summarize range of feedback to the questions into a report for review by the technical committee provided by the secretariat.
- Technical Committee decides what changes to make (if any) to the document and whether to refer it to the Modality Committee for re-publication of an updated version, whether to branch the document leaving the current version in place but spawning a derivative, or to retire the document
- Record resolution in spreadsheet
- Regardless of recommended status for this document, ensure that the results are made available to related activities