Lung Density Biomarker Ctte
This Wiki is for collaborative creation of QIBA's Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Asthma Committee materials and ongoing activities.
Mission: Reduce and characterize bias and variance across manufacturers, versions, and sites in support of quantitative CT lung densitometry and morphology.
- Characterize the precision and accuracy of phenotyping and progression measurements in emphysema and asthma.
- This is an essential effort to classify phenotype and assess longitudinal changes as medically meaningful surrogates for health status.
- Compare the sensitivity of CT measurements to spirometry and other accepted measures.
- This will be necessary in order to determine if Progressive Disease can be detected significantly sooner with quantitative imaging techniques than with currently accepted methods.
Quantitative CT Imaging of the Lung Meeting at the Society of Thoracic Radiology
- Agenda for the one-day workshop - "Quantitative CT Imaging of the Lung" at the Society of Thoracic Radiology Annual Meeting, March 10, 2012
- Brochure for Thoracic Imaging 2012 - March 11-14, 2012
Link to Thoracic Imaging 2012 meeting information: http://www.thoracicrad.org/meetings/index.htm
Link to registration: https://thoracicrad.secureserverdot.com/meetings/registration/2012/registration.asp
- QIBA Airway Profile 9/28/11 - (draft per Dr. Sean Fain)
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 9/6/11 v0.4 - (Iowa Version with comments)
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 8/24/11 v0.4 - (Iowa Version)
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 7/1/11 v0.3
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 5/24/11 v0.2
- COPD QIBA Profile 3/19/11 v0.2
- COPD UPICT Protocol v0.2
Protocol Development Activities
Validate key concepts and answer key questions needed to write the Profiles and demonstrate their effectiveness.
- Phantom project
Meetings / Call Summaries
- Quantitative Imaging in Lung Disorders Refresher Course Outline (Refresher Course at RSNA 2011: November 30th)
- 06-21-2011GammexBoxFullPath.ppt posted 6.23.2011
- 06-08-2011 COPDGeneModel2-GammexBox.ppt posted 6.8.2011
- Pulmonary Emphysema: Objective Quantification at Multi–Detector Row CT—Comparison with Macroscopic and Microscopic Morphometry Madani et al, Radiology: Volume 238: Number 3-March 2006
- Pulmonary Emphysema: Radiation Dose and Section Thickness at Multidetector CT Quantification—Comparison with Macroscopic and Microscopic Morphometry Madani et al, Radiology: Volume 243: Number 1-April 2007
- COPDGene protocol section
- ECLIPSE protocol description
- ECLIPSE CT protocol specifics
- Coxson's chairman summary
- Hoffman et al's paper on quantitative assessment
- Stoel et al's paper on volume correction
- Stoel et al's paper on longitudinal studies
- FDA Guidance for Industry - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Developing Drugs for Treatment