Lung Density Biomarker Ctte
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- Co-chairs: Charles Hatt, PhD; Miranda Kirby, PhD
- RSNA Staff Support: Julie Lisiecki
Scope: Quantitative CT lung densitometry and morphology for COPD and related diseases.
- Characterize the precision and accuracy of phenotyping and progression measurements in emphysema and asthma.
- This is an essential effort to classify phenotype and assess longitudinal changes as medically meaningful surrogates for health status.
- Compare the sensitivity of CT measurements to spirometry and other accepted measures.
- This will be necessary in order to determine if Progressive Disease can be detected significantly sooner with quantitative imaging techniques than with currently accepted methods.
Recent Meetings/Call Summaries
- December 16, 2020
- November 4, 2020
- September 23, 2020
- August 26, 2020
- July 22, 2020
- June 24, 2020
- May 27, 2020
- April 22, 2020
- March 11, 2020
Lung Density/COPD BC Call Summaries Archive
Status - <summarize current status>
A Google link for Public Comment Resolution has been created for ease of sharing updates with the group: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOzBaB_77vLSv8FKtQ59AxpfcAswtJ4t/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile_09.04.2020, clean version (Contains Conformance Checklist, Appendix B)
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile_09.04.2020, with markup (Contains Conformance Checklist, Appendix B)
- AAPM Comments for CT Lung Density Profile
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile_09.03.2019 (Contains Conformance Checklist, Appendix B)
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile Checklist, 09.03.2019 (separate Conformance Checklist for ease of reference)
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile_06.26.2019 (Distributed August 21, 2019)
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile_06.26.2019 (for BC and CC votes to release)
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile_04.25.2019 (for internal BC review)
- QIBA CT Lung Density Protocols, Appendix D_04.25.2019 (for internal BC review)
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile_02.25.2019 (for internal BC review)
- QIBA CT Lung Density Profile_08.30.2017 (for internal BC review)
- QIBA Airway Profile 9/28/11 - (draft per Dr. Sean Fain)
- Lung Density QIBA Profile 9/6/11 v0.4 - (Iowa Version with comments)
Protocol Development Activities
Validate key concepts and answer key questions needed to write the Profiles and demonstrate their effectiveness.
- Phantom project
- Quantitative Imaging in Lung Disorders Refresher Course Outline (Refresher Course at RSNA 2011: November 30th)
- 06-21-2011GammexBoxFullPath.ppt posted 6.23.2011
- 06-08-2011 COPDGeneModel2-GammexBox.ppt posted 6.8.2011
- Pulmonary Emphysema: Objective Quantification at Multi–Detector Row CT—Comparison with Macroscopic and Microscopic Morphometry Madani et al, Radiology: Volume 238: Number 3-March 2006
- Pulmonary Emphysema: Radiation Dose and Section Thickness at Multidetector CT Quantification—Comparison with Macroscopic and Microscopic Morphometry Madani et al, Radiology: Volume 243: Number 1-April 2007
- COPDGene protocol section
- ECLIPSE protocol description
- ECLIPSE CT protocol specifics
- Coxson's chairman summary
- Hoffman et al's paper on quantitative assessment
- Stoel et al's paper on volume correction
- Stoel et al's paper on longitudinal studies
- FDA Guidance for Industry - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Developing Drugs for Treatment
QIBA Funded Projects
- Project (Y) Low CT Dose Lung Protocols for Repeatable Quantitative Measures in Multi-Center Studies (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- Project (L) Investigation of Methods of Volume Correction for Lung Density CT (University of Wisconsin, Madison)