Difference between revisions of "Lung Density Biomarker Ctte"
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 16:44, 5 January 2010
This Wiki is for collaborative creation of QIBA's Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Asthma Committee materials and ongoing activities.
Mission: Reduce and characterize bias and variance across manufacturers, versions, and sites in support of quantitative CT lung densitometry and morphology.
- Characterize the precision and accuracy of phenotyping and progression measurements in emphysema and asthma.
- This is an essential effort to classify phenotype and assess longitudinal changes as medically meaningful surrogates for health status.
- Compare the sensitivity of volumetric measurements to spirometry and other accepted measures.
- This will be necessary in order to determine if Progressive Disease can be detected significantly sooner with quantitative imaging techniques than with currently accepted methods.
Write Profile documents to which equipment and sites can conform to accomplish Quantification goals.
- * Radiology 2007 - Coronary Calcium Scoring - This paper by Dr. McCollough et al is very analagous to our profiling work and addresses many similar issues (e.g. achieving "standard" noise levels). It could be thought of as an early draft of a Calcium Scoring profile, including both groundwork and equipment specifications.
Validate key concepts and answer key questions needed to write the Profiles and demonstrate their effectiveness.
- Phantom project
Meetings / Call Summaries
QIBA COPD/Asthma Matrices