Difference between revisions of "Julie's test page"
From QIBA Wiki
(New page: __NOTOC__ * A Profile is a document. * It tells a user what can be accomplished by following the Profile. ("Profile Claims") : E.g. you will be able to detect volume changes of greater t...)
Revision as of 22:01, 19 August 2011
- A Profile is a document.
- It tells a user what can be accomplished by following the Profile. ("Profile Claims")
- E.g. you will be able to detect volume changes of greater than <20%> in Stage IV Lung Nodules which are <5mm> in diameter or greater.
- It tells a vendor what they must implement in their product to state compliance with the Profile. ("Profile Details")
- E.g. to comply, the scanner must be able to:
- scan a <Mark-324> Chest Phantom, identify the smallest resolvable target, display the diameter of that target
- demonstrate resolving targets at least as small as <2mm> diameter on the Mark-324 phantom
- scan patients according to the ACRIN NLST acquisition protocol
- E.g. to comply, the quantification application must be able to:
- segment a nodule (automatically or manually), derive the volume, store it in a DICOM object
- run a user through a set of test data with known volumes and at the end display an accuracy score
- It may also tell the user staff what they must do for the Profile Claims to be realized. ("Profile Details")
- E.g. to comply, the site CT techs must be able to:
- scan the patient within 10 minutes of contrast injection
- E.g. to comply, the radiologist must be able to:
- achieve a score of <95%> or better using their segmentation application on the <Lung Invaders> test set.
How do Profiles fit in the IHE Process?
The Profile concept and process has been borrowed from IHE
- Users identify a high priority multi-system problem.
- Vendors & Users collaborate to document a standards-based solution (a Profile).
- Vendors confirm it works by testing their implementations with other vendors (a Connectathon)
How does QIBA differ from IHE?
- IHE mostly profiles engineering problems. QIBA also tackles scientific problems.
- When a profile claim is unvalidated or a profile detail cannot be defined until further research is done:
- IHE declares the profile premature and sets it aside until such groundwork is completed
- QIBA locates, encourages, and if necessary coordinates, getting the research completed so the profile can proceed