CT Volumetry Biomarker Ctte
- Co-chairs: Rudresh Jarecha, MBBS, DNB, DMRE, Ehsan Samei, PhD and Jenifer Siegelman, MD, MPH;
- RSNA Staff Support: Julie Lisiecki
- Tcons are held periodically. Contact the secretary for details.
Recent Call Summaries: Note: The last meeting of this group was held on September 6, 2018
- 09.06.2018 QIBA CT Volumetry Call Summary
- 07.12.2018 QIBA CT Volumetry Call Summary
- 05.24.2018 QIBA CT Volumetry Call Summary
Advanced Disease/Tumor Volume Change Profile
Status - Technical Confirmation in Ballot
- CT Tumor Volume Change Profile - Change tracked BALLOT DRAFT 2018.05.11
- This document shows all changes between the published Consensus Profile and the Ballot for Technically Confirmed.
Past and Future
These projects investigate (and resolve) scientific questions underlying QIBA Profile work.
- VolCT - Group 1A - Analyze Bias/Variance where Ground Truth is Known Deterministically
- VolCT - Group 1B - Focus on Volume Change Analysis of Pulmonary Nodules in Diagnostic Settings
- VolCT - Group 1C - Model Sources of Variability from a Systems Engineering Analysis
- VolCT - Group 3A - Characterize variability due to algorithms (using phantoms / clinical data)
- VolCT - Group 3B - Characterize clinical utility/efficacy with respect to clinical endpoints
- VolCT - Colorado Group - Quantifying variability in measurement of pulmonary nodule
- NIBIB-2 Proposal for CT Volumetry16-APR-2012
- Dr Mulshine's Presentation Materials from July 2nd adapted from the ATCC Website
- "Why QIBA?" - Specifics associated with CT device and software manufacturers.
- Dr Petrick's 2011 SPIE Presentation Materials
- “Evaluation of 1D, 2D and 3D nodule size estimation by radiologists for spherical and non-spherical nodules through CT thoracic phantom imaging” - Talk
- “Evaluation of 1D, 2D and 3D nodule size estimation by radiologists for spherical and non-spherical nodules through CT thoracic phantom imaging” - Paper
- Compliance Documents: QIBA Approach to Compliance-- Andrew J. Buckler, MS, Program Director, QIBA 08.15.11
- Are we ready? A time for measurement of physiological parameters of the lung using multidetector row CT scans. Hatabu H. Acad Radiol. 2009 Mar; 16(3):249. Academic Radiology
- Radiology 2007 - Coronary Calcium Scoring - This paper by Dr. McCollough et al is may be seen to be analaogous to our work in that it addresses similar issues (e.g. achieving "standard" noise levels). It could be thought of as an early draft of a Calcium Scoring profile, including both groundwork and equipment specifications.
- Helical multidetector row quantitative computed tomography (QCT) precision. Bligh M, Bidaut L, White RA, Murphy WA Jr, Stevens DM, Cody DD. Acad Radiol. 2009 Feb; 16(2):150-9. Academic Radiology
- Comparison of the accuracy of CT volume calculated by circumscription to prolate ellipsoid volume (bidimensional measurement multiplied by coronal long axis). Rkein AM, Harrigal C, Friedman AC, Persky D, Krupinski E. Acad Radiol. 2009 Feb; 16(2):181-6. Academic Radiology
QIBA Funded Projects
- Duke University
- Columbia University Medical Center
- University of Colorado Denver, Department of Radiology
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Department of Radiology
- CoreLab Partners, Inc.
- CoreLab Partners, Inc., Round-2
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Department of Radiology,Round-2
- Project (Q) Phantoms Methodology and Reference Image Set for Volumetric Characterization and Compliance (Duke University)
- Project (C) Reference Image Set for Quantitation Conformance of Algorithmic Lesion Characterization (Duke University)