Jump to navigation Jump to search
WHO IS QIBA®?
RSNA’s Quantitative Imaging Biomarkers Alliance (QIBA®) stakeholders include:
- clinical research community
- imaging equipment manufacturers
- pharmaceutical industry
- government agencies
- medical informatics companies
QIBA stakeholders ensure quantitative imaging results are:
THE IMPORTANCE OF QUANTITATIVE IMAGING (QI)
QI develops, standardizes, and optimizes:
- Anatomical, functional, and molecular imaging acquisition protocols
- Data analyses
- Display methods
- Reporting structures
- Who is QIBA?
- Why is QI important?
- Efficient and validated methods for quantifying biomedical imaging results are required for optimal patient care, clinical research, and new therapy development.
- QIBA accelerates the development and adoption of hardware and software standards needed to achieve accurate and reproducible, quantitative (measurable) results from imaging methods.
Clinical Decisions from Quantitative Imaging
Diagram courtesy of Mr. Kevin O’Donnell, MASc, QIBA® Process Committee Co-chair
- Learn more about the QIBA Process.
WHAT ARE QIBA® PROFILES?
- QIBA Profiles standardize methods to create biomarkers that meet a claimed performance (accurate and reproducible).
- Profiles are intended for use by a broad audience; applications include:
- Discovery science – Identify predictive biomarkers of disease
- Clinical trials – Quantify treatment outcome
- Clinical practice – Comparable results from different sites and different times
- Learn more about QIBA Profiles
WHAT IS QIBA® PROFILE CONFORMANCE?
- QIBA conformance testing services and self-attestation procedures help clinical sites, imaging CROs (Core Labs), and scanner and analysis software vendors to achieve high-quality quantitative imaging results.
- Deliver high quality imaging measurements.
- Quantitatively identify, optimize, and monitor performance issues.
- QIBA Conformance Mark affirms high-performance, quantitative imaging capability.
- Learn more about QIBA Profile Conformance.
==QIBA needs radiologists! Help build the future of quantitative imaging. Get involved! Scan the QR code to sign up.==