Difference between revisions of "About QIBA"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 18:27, 19 November 2021
WHO IS QIBA®?
RSNA’s Quantitative Imaging Biomarkers Alliance (QIBA®) stakeholders include:
- clinical research community
- imaging equipment manufacturers
- pharmaceutical industry
- government agencies
- medical informatics companies
QIBA stakeholders ensure quantitative imaging results are:
THE IMPORTANCE OF QUANTITATIVE IMAGING (QI)
QI develops, standardizes, and optimizes:
- Anatomical, functional, and molecular imaging acquisition protocols
- Data analyses
- Display methods
- Reporting structures
- Who is QIBA?
- Why is QI important?
- Efficient and validated methods for quantifying biomedical imaging results are required for optimal patient care, clinical research, and new therapy development.
- QIBA accelerates the development and adoption of hardware and software standards needed to achieve accurate and reproducible, quantitative (measurable) results from imaging methods.
Clinical Decisions from Quantitative Imaging
Diagram courtesy of Mr. Kevin O’Donnell, MASc, QIBA® Process Committee Co-chair