Difference between revisions of "About QIBA"
m (→QIBA’s® ROLE)
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 18:23, 19 November 2021
WHO IS QIBA®?
RSNA’s Quantitative Imaging Biomarkers Alliance (QIBA®) stakeholders include:
- clinical research community
- imaging equipment manufacturers
- pharmaceutical industry
- government agencies
- medical informatics companies
QIBA stakeholders ensure quantitative imaging results are:
THE IMPORTANCE OF QUANTITATIVE IMAGING (QI)
QI develops, standardizes, and optimizes:
- Anatomical, functional, and molecular imaging acquisition protocols
- Data analyses
- Display methods
- Reporting structures
- Who is QIBA?
- Why is QI important?
- Efficient and validated methods for quantifying biomedical imaging results are required for optimal patient care, clinical research, and new therapy development.
- QIBA accelerates the development and adoption of hardware and software standards needed to achieve accurate and reproducible, quantitative (measurable) results from imaging methods.
Clinical Decisions from Quantitative Imaging
- Diagram courtesy of Mr. Kevin O’Donnell, MASc, QIBA® Process Committee Co-chair