AIUM/QIBA Pulse-Echo Quantitative Ultrasound Biomarker Ctte
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Co-chairs: Anthony Samir, MD, MPH; Miguel Rosado Mendez, PhD; Michael Wang, PhD
- AIUM Staff Support: Therese Cooper, BS, RDMS (AIUM)
Develop a quantitative imaging profile for Pulse-Echo Quantitative Ultrasound (PEQUS).
This effort is supported by AIUM, using the QIBA Process for Profile development.
Historical Background - Formation of the Group
- A joint QIBA / AIUM Ultrasound Meeting was held at the recent AIUM 2015 Annual Convention on Tuesday, March 24th between 10:30 - 12:45 pm ET to discuss selection of a new biomarker effort for Ultrasound.
- The group discussed proposals for selection of a quantitative imaging technology and clinical target to recommend for a joint QIBA/AIUM effort to develop a quantitative ultrasound imaging biomarker profile.
- Below are meeting minutes and supporting presentations from this meeting for reference:
Presentations and Reports from March 24, 2015 session:
- Spatial Volume Measurements - Liver Tumor Volume Estimation - presented by Dr. Garra (Washington DC VA Medical Center / FDA)
- Summary of DCE-US - presented by Dr. Fowlkes (University of Michigan)
- Functional and Structural Imaging with Microbubble Contrast Agents - presented by Dr. Eckersley (King's College, London)
- QUS-Based Cancer Detection in Human Lymph Nodes - presented by Dr. Mamou (Riverside Research Institute, NY)
- Carotid Volume Flow - presented by Dr. J. Rubin (University of Michigan)
- SHAPE as a Screening Tool for Portal Hypertension - presented by Dr. Forsberg (Thomas Jefferson University)