QIBA for Technologists
QIBA Mission: Improve the value and practicality of quantitative imaging biomarkers by reducing variability across devices, sites, patients, and time.
QIBA develops Profile documents that standardize methods for creating a specific biomarker with predictable performance (accuracy and reproducibility).
Technologists benefit from QIBA by:
- Having standardized protocols and QA procedures to follow
- Acquiring imaging data in a way that enables extraction of quantitative data
- Being able to support improved patient care that benefits from quantitative data
- Aligning data acquisition across sites that facilitates cross-comparison and permits performance assessment
Technologists use QIBA by:
- meeting the requirements (performing tasks and achieving performance targets) assigned to the Technologist or Scanner Operator actors in the QIBA Profile
- assessing their conformance as described in the QIBA Profile checklist
- documenting their conformance by self-attestation or credentialing service
- supporting conformance of their site
<several images being prepared>