QIBA for Radiologists
QIBA Mission: Improve the value and practicality of quantitative imaging biomarkers by reducing variability across devices, sites, patients, and time.
QIBA develops Profile documents that standardize methods for creating a specific biomarker with predictable performance (accuracy and reproducibility).
Radiologists benefit from QIBA by:
- Having standardized protocols and QA procedures to follow for quantitative results in clinical practice and clinical trials
- Acquiring imaging data according to QIBA Profiles enables the extraction of repeatable, comparable quantitative measurements
- Facilitating improved patient care by means of reproducible quantitative analysis
- Facilitating cross-comparison of data across sites that adhere to QIBA Profile acquisition parameters
Radiologists participate in QIBA Profiles by:
- Implementing QIBA Profiles in their imaging departments
- Supporting conformance to QIBA Profiles at their sites
- Assessing conformance at their sites as described in the QIBA Profile checklist for radiologists
- Communicating conformance to relevant stakeholders by providing QIBA Conformance Statements