QIBA for Imaging Vendors
QIBA Mission: Improve the value and practicality of quantitative imaging biomarkers by reducing variability across devices, sites, patients, and time.
QIBA develops Profile documents that standardize methods for creating a specific biomarker with predictable performance (accuracy and reproducibility).
Vendors of imaging devices benefit from QIBA by:
- promoting the ability of their product to meet requirements desirable to their customers
Imaging Device Vendors using QIBA are responsible for:
- implementing features and meeting performance requirements assigned to the Acquisition Modality (and sometimes Reconstruction Software) in a given QIBA Profile
- assessing their conformance as described in the QIBA Profile checklist
- publishing a formal QIBA Conformance Statement documenting their product conformance to a given QIBA profile
- communicating conformance to customers by providing the QIBA Conformance Statement
Imaging Device Vendors may also wish to:
- support the activity of customers working to assess their own conformance to the QIBA profile
(A bit of graphics/color would be nice - check with RSNA about pictures of modality, radiologist, technologist, etc.)