QIBA for Radiologists
QIBA Mission: Improve the value and practicality of quantitative imaging biomarkers by reducing variability across devices, sites, patients, and time.
QIBA develops Profile documents that standardize methods for creating a specific biomarker with predictable performance (accuracy and reproducibility).
Radiologists benefit from QIBA by:
- having repeatable, comparable quantitative measurements to guide clinical decisions
- facilitating improved patient care by means of reproducible quantitative analysis
- facilitating comparison of data across sites that conform to QIBA Profiles
- harmonizing standardized protocols and QA procedures for clinical practice and clinical trials
Radiologists participate in QIBA Profiles by:
- meeting requirements assigned to the Radiologist in a given QIBA Profile
- assessing their conformance as described in the QIBA Profile checklist
- documenting their conformance in a formal QIBA Conformance Statement
Radiologists may also:
- communicate conformance to clinical trials or accreditation bodies
- advocate for the patient benefits of quantitative imaging and support QIBA conformance of their site